July 1, 2016 vs July 1, 2017! What a difference right?? Oh my! I still can’t believe it! It feels like just yesterday he fit perfectly in my arms , or even in my belly, kicking and hiccuping and jabbing all the time!!
When I first found out I was pregnant, I was very scared! I was happy, but scared. My husband and I live in Baltimore just by ourselves and neither of our families are anywhere close to here! So when I first found out I was pregnant, I was worried about everything immediately!! Childcare, parenthood, working, and more childcare while I’m working! Here are some things I’ve learned during my first year in motherhood. They are in no particular order:
1) Planning is not easy when you have a baby, so just go with the flow! I guess I shouldn’t say planning is not easy, to me I felt like it was almost impossible! Something will always come up with your sweet babe and you will find yourself cancel all your plans to be there for your babe. It’s worth it though. Everytime.
2) Just face it, it will take you F O R E V E R to leave the house. So don’t sweat the small stuff! You will know what I’m talking about. You have to make sure you bring everything! Just in case. You never know!
3) Dry shampoo is now my best friend. 😊 I don’t know what it is about dry shampoo but somehow it gives my hair more volume and texture! Thus less time is spent getting ready.
4) Sleep when the baby sleeps. Yes. You should really sleep when the baby sleeps. I know there’s either laundry or making food or 726637727 other things to do. But you need sleep. You will find time to do other things. Trust me. Somehow, as time goes on, you just kinda manage to do it all!
5) Once your baby is mobile, you cannot leave them alone with anything!! And I mean anything! Everything is interesting to them at this point, from a tv remote to a nail filer or to your t shirt. A N Y T H I N G!
6) Embrace your body and be oh so proud of what it is capable of! Umm hello, you had a tiny human growing inside you for 9 months and now he is like actually a person!! That’s freaking amazing! I know after a baby we all want our pre-pregnancy body back, but hey, it’s going to take time, and not everybody is the same. Love your body and appreciate it for what it just went through!
7) Motherhood is a class that never ends. Everyday I learn something new. Everyday. Jax is different everyday–he gets a little smarter, he knows a little more things, he understands things a bit better. I am learning about motherhood just as much as he is learning on how to become a big boy 😔
8) Your baby will get sick. And there’s not much you can do about it. Even when Jax was still nursing, he would still get sick. And I hate it when they’re sick!! Especially the cough! I hate seeing them suffer and not being able to do anything about it!! But remember, you are the mother. You, alone, holding them while they’re sick, is enough. So just be there and hold your baby.
9) Time flies by really fast, you guys, so enjoy each and every moment with them! I am so serious about this one. I can’t believe I have a 1 year old! Like holy cow! They will never be this little again. Literally and seriously!
10) You’re just gonna have to accept the fact that you won’t get much privacy anymore. 😊😊 it’s so cute, it really is. If you think about it, they just want to be with their momma! They will go wherever you go!
We are having a small birthday party for my sweet baby. I will be sure to share the details on that! I’ve realized that the topics I’ve blogged about so far are kinda all over the place. So from now on, I will only focus on motherhood, yoga fitness, and fashion (mom and baby). I will share the things I’ve learned as a new mom. I’ll share some guidance on yoga poses and perhaps some videos. I know being a mom gives you no time to do anything else so my videos will only be about 30 mins or so. It’s perfect to do while they’re taking a nap and trust me, it’ll be a good yoga flow work out 😊 I have always loved fashion and now just because I’m a mom, it doesn’t mean I will have to wear “mom clothes” or not be stylish anymore. I believe I can be a stylish mom and I’m sure you guys want to as well! So I will share some outfits throughout, especially the ones that won’t break the bank 😉
Thanks for reading y’all! Good night ! ❤️❤️